I wired the connector up to the mic. It worked fine. I think the whole Audio Tool piece is a little bit trashy, actually.. 😉 It’s at least “scrappy” – by it’s look, and it’s operation. It’s a shop tool as far as I’m concerned. However, the stick-on tag look is really growing on me haha. Luvvit.
Yeah, It has major distortion on it’s output about 3/4 of the way up to it’s gain max.. But, hell – I have been using that, too, musically and for the mic. I sound like an aircraft pilot through it when it’s all the way up – ha kinda cool. So oh well. But, it comes in really handy. I have been taking it everywhere to run signals through stuff and also just as an on-desk portable audio amp to test circuit output with. I already see design improvements across the board, but it had to be fully completed for me to acknowledge that, I think. The major aspect is that I just keep building and building and learning and learning with every invention.
I am really wanting to get my VCO design rolling now that I got the Audio Tool construction out of the way. The SSD1306 dev has taken a back seat after I got it working as a debug display for my code (instead of using LED signaling, etc – dreadful). But, anywayees, for the VCO, I’ll start with a square and just try to get my ranging right. And, then I’ll try to wave shape that into 1 or 2 more usable waveforms. Then, I want to add a few keys up and play a few pitches. Then, I’ll work on a filter and amp for it.