The Hex Light is in the spotlight today. I mentioned that I ran the RGB LED CC boards through and that I had fun doing it. And now, I have assembled 12 of 16. It takes a bit of time. Plus I have job stuff all day to do…
I cut ’em and drilled them. My smallest drill was actually too big to accommodate what I needed. It was about a millimeter and a half, but I’m gonna need about a millimeter. I did have a circular end bit that was about a half mm, but that was too small. So, I’ll need to reconfigure my tooling. I need the precise size because soldering to holes with no copper pads is horrible (because the too-big drill bit cut right through the pads), and not being able to get the component leads through is also horrible because.. well, they can’t get mounted at all! 😉
So, another trip to the Depot is warranted. I have a list. Plus, I love my trips there. Just wanted to say… It’s probably my favorite place to go (And, then I hit up the grocery store next door for that grubbbz, yum – tacos, lettuce, noodles, sparkling water, pears, beef jerky – all an essential part of the dev process for damn sure 🙂 ).
And then, I soldered these small boards – 12 of them of 16, and stuck them on the Hex Light. Next will be getting the remaining 4 (when I get the time) and then testing the shit out of all of them. And then, then next step would be, of course, applying the main board that I fabricated a few days ago to the entire install.
I have almost got the firmware written already, but I’ll need a few more tests and tweaks. It builds on everything I have ever done before of this nature. I’m going to make it sing and, yeah, of course, shine. 😉 (light)
I’ll get the remaining boards and apply them to the chassis in the coming days. I’ll be nearly 80% there. Once I get all of this rolling, I’ll have the beta to move on to determining a good way to smooth out the entire process for future builds. But, for now, it’s going intensely well, and I’m lovin’ it, mon. Irie! Life is good in the shop.